Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Time to Catch up!


One of the greatest things about Holiday vacations is that I can get in a lot of reading. Typically I read one book at a time, but for some reason I am currently between 3 books!



Book One: Accordion Crimes.

This book is a little dark for me. It starts with an accordion maker and follows the accordion through the centuries to come and all the crimes that are committed to get it. I must admit I picked up this book at a used book fair because it had an accordion on it...I'm a musician and I judged the book by the cover.







Book Two: The Roots of Desire: The myth, meaning and power of red hair
This is my first non-fiction read and I am loving it. I find myself nodding along, 'yes that happend to me, yes people think that.' From being teased to redhot temptress. Although I do kind of skim through some parts. The author is deep in genetics and Darwin at this point.



Book Three: I Heart Bloomberg

This is one of my free books that I get from Amazon to read on my Kindle app on my iPhone. Usually I go for the silly, romance novels that I have a bit of sexy...this one is not that. It is taking forever to get going, but I am intrigued that the characters are remodeling a craftsman style house. Guess that's because I am doing a bit of sprucing up on my own place.








My goal is to finish these before the weekend is over and to hopefully start on Caitlyn's book: Eat, Pray, Love. So that I can give it back to her when I head to San Diego next month. I better get reading.

0 comments: