Friday, November 20, 2009

So I Joined a band


As many of you know I've played flute now for 17 years. Yep, started as a little 4th grader. Well I got a degree in flute performance in 2004 and I've played for a few friends' weddings, but I haven't played in a band since college. Well I decided to join the Wattsonville band when I moved to Hollister and I love it! I forgot how exciting it is to play in a group and to play piccolo too.

We had our first concert last week and the uniforms...well...they are not that attractive. More like a neon mariachi than classic concert.


It's not like I'm not used to wearing a uniform. I've been dressing for concerts for years. At Davis I got to wear classic black. Even the UCD marching uniforms weren't that bad...smelled of mildew, but navy blue is classy. Yeah that's me playin' the sax. I even wore orange for UOP's pep band. (Yes, I painted my face like a basketball).










0 comments: