Monday, January 11, 2010

KickAss Snackin'

So in my efforts to change my eating habits I've come up with some pretty delicious snack options.

KickAss Edamame
My idea came from a combo of 2 experiences at my two favorite sushi restaurants. Back in the summer I had garlic edamame at Harney Sushi in San Diego and recently I had Freaky edamame (yes that's its name) at Mikunis in Elk Grove.
So hear it is:



Place a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan. Drop in the frozen Edame (I use the bag from Trader Joes). After they look a little defrosted scoop in garlic, sprinkle on some seasoning salt, and add some red pepper for kick. Finish cooking and ENJOY!





My second snack is super low in calories, but very delicious. So you take the little wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (35 cal) and you spoon over it Spicy, Smokey, Peach Salsa from Trader Joes (15 cal). Then slice up a cucumber and use it like a cracker...Enjoy!

1 comments:

ChuChulainn said...

WOW these are super great snacks lady! Funny you mention garlic edamame from Harneys. I was just there a week or so ago and it felt soooo weird to be there without you :^( Wasnt the same at all. And no, my Gone With the Wind isnt bluray, its just regular.